Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Re Etsy Ireland Treasure Hunt latest update





Hi there, first of all, the rules of the Etsy Ireland Treasure Hunt are now up on the team blog: Click here for an update on the Etsy Ireland aka Crafty Ireland Team blog

The photo is of the Connemara marble and sterling silver pendant that I donated as one of the prizes. 18 team members have donated handcrafted work, which will be divided among 4 lucky winners. 
 Just thought I'd give you a close up of the pendant. It is a very unique and modern, Irish, Statement pendant, yet is based on traditional, Celtic geometric design.  The triangular slab of Connemara marble is smooth and highly polished. It is a fabulous, natural mid green with pale grey and lime marbling. The stone was cut specially for me by a Galway artisan mason and is approx 1.5 inches long.

I formed the spiral using solid sterling silver wire, then hammered it for strength. All the metal components of  the pendant including the 18 inch chain are .925 sterling silver as stamped on the tag.  I incorporated clear moss agate beads into the links at the back.


 

This Celtic pendant was made especially for the treasure hunt. I am sure it will go to a good home. Be sure to enter the competition on the  Etsy Ireland blog on St Patrick's Day, March 17th! 

I will be listing similar (but not the same) pendants in my Etsy shop shortly. This short article about Connemara marble that I posted on my other, Fondelifair blog & Irish online store  may be of interest to you.

Wheeeee looking forward to March 17th!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment