Monday, April 30, 2012

The Difference is in the Detail 3

details on back of button pendant by Handmade by Amo'r

 Another look at detail that you will only find in handmade items. Here are some pieces from fellow Irish and Irish-based crafters:


Brigitte of Purls of Colour always surprises with those little extra details in her beautifully knit pieces. Having previously purchased a gorgeous purple scarf from her, dotted with tiny seed beads, I can vouch for the quality of her stitching and materials.


I'm always mesmerised by the painstaking detail in handwork by Mary of Queen of Cuffs. This piece is a fine example of her stunning work.

Where would you get the patience of Eletrra of Elettrarossa for this fabulous beading?  It takes well thought-out design and then concentration to get the detail right when stringing either a pattern or abstract style.


Click HERE for more in this series focusing on detail



7 comments:

  1. True, thoroughness and care are both good keywords to describe what distinguishes mass produced stuff from our crafts!
    Thank you for featuring my necklace...it makes me proud :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly for featuring my cuff here.
    A lovely series about details - it is always a thrill to see a finishing detail in a handmade piece- that is what you fall in love with and want to own or just look at again and enjoy. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Yes, adding detail to a piece is so much fun - and I always wonder if people find the little additions and extras!

    I love your very own seaglass pendant I bought from your shop - it has such lovely detail in the wire wrapping!

    Thanks for featuring my neckwarmer :)

    ReplyDelete