Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Difference Is In The Detail II


Last week I  blogged about the quality and detail found in handmade items: The difference is in the detail. The post spawned the idea of a regular spot for my blog, honing in on fab little details in work by fellow Irish crafters, artisans and artists.

A natural place for me to start is with work by talented friends, fellow Irish Etsy peeps who have shown me kindness and some of my super duper blog followers! (Oftentimes these are one and the same.)
 Kitty cat detail on child's tufted coat by HeliMG

 Oyster shell detail on wire-wrapped pendant by Balanced

Crystals and flowers on baby girl card by Good Moments
Button details on heart wreath by Quirky Apple

Researching items for this post was such fun and very inspiring.  I hope you enjoyed this close up of the wonderful little details you wont always get in mass produced goods.  
To be continued.......

6 comments:

  1. You're right, details are the main clue of hand made quality! Lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for feature Anne-Marie! What a fab and fun idea to blog about, looking forward to reading the next parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true! that is exactly why I adore handmade. Thank you, Anne-Marie, for appreciating the details in my necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I was unsure what the feature would be about but you have pointed out something important. Even if we make a number of the same item the detailing will always make it unique, different colour crystals, change in buttons...whatever. For me this is what makes craft enjoyable and why I like it compared to repeating one idea many times, and why I would buy craft over mass production. I love to buy from individuals and get the story behind the product. Great work all. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and I found so many great handmade items to include in future posts in this series

    ReplyDelete