Sunday, July 8, 2012

Christmas in July


Each July Etsy shops can take part in a 'Christmas in July' sale. 
(Sold yesterday)
The concept of Christmas in July struck me as a bit bizarre when I first heard of it. Now I understand that it is an actual, unofficial holiday celebrated by fun-loving people, perhaps a little miserable that there are no or few official holidays in the summer in some parts of the world. (I guess we are lucky in Ireland so as we at least have the August Bank Holiday.)

I don't always take part but this year I have a few Connemara marble ornaments already made up, some lurking in the back of my shop, so I decided to take it literally and offer them at a reduced price this month only. 


 Sage green, Connemara marble star ornament with silver plate wire work. Original price: €13 (app $16 on July 8th 2012). Reduced by a little over 15% to €11. 

 Unique Connemara marble icicle ornament with silver snowflake detail. Art ornament. Original price: €17 (appr $21 on July 8th 2012) Reduced by 20% to €13.60.

 'Snowflake' Connemara marble Christmas ornament. Usual price on Etsy: €12.50 (app $15 on 8th July 2012). Sale price: €10.50 (sold 10/07/12 similar designs will be listed for real Christmas)

 The Christmas in July sale on Etsy continues until 22nd of the month. I will be adding more items to the sale shortly, not all of them Christmas-themed.




No comments:

Post a Comment