Friday, March 8, 2013

Caught My Eye 13 Reservoir Run-Off.

It's been a while since I did a post in the Caught My Eye series, where I share my (amateur) shots of something unusual, bizarre or of natural beauty. That's mainly because I haven't been out and about with my camera much due to a sore foot. However, I was looking through some photos from my walks last year and found I've got quite a few photos to include in this series.
Here's another scene from my walk around Bothernabreena lakes last summer. This is a shot of the brownish water being channelled down from the reservoir.  The colour of mountain water in the East and Midlands of Ireland is due to the boggy peat in the soil.
It's hard to believe this beautiful place is a stones throw away from the busy suburb of Tallaght, in Dublin, isn't it? You can get close enough to it by taking the 49 bus from the city centre. It's only about an hour.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Photos :)

    Hope your foot gets better soon :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. Getting physio & orthotics soon so hope to be back rambling in a month or so. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete