Sunday, March 2, 2014

Victoria Fountain Dun Laoghaire, Caught My Eye #24

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or beautiful. I am artistic and therefore an observer but I am not a photographer by any description. So if you expect top quality photography I'm afraid you will be disappointed.  But please do enjoy a snap shot glimpse of the world through my creative eyes. 


Under the dome, Victoria Fountain, Dun Laoghaire. Own photo


Out getting some air in Dun Laoghaire on a rare dry day yesterday, I took this shot from under the dome of the Victoria Fountain. The fountain was erected close to the sea front in 1900 in honour of Queen Victoria's visit. It's had a chequered history and was badly vandalised in the early 80s but was since restored. Yesterday I noticed that the central fountain has been re-painted a fresh cream colour. Close to the dart Station, the main restaurant strip and the sea front, I've passed this small monument umpteen times on my trips to walk the pier but this was the first time it occurred to me to look up and photo the roof.

I couldn't resist playing around with the image afterwards. The results would make a beautiful pattern for a tile, printed fabric or glass work. The dazzling blue and sunshine yellow are very much on trend for 2014. Perhaps I can find inspiration here for a piece of high fashion jewellery...


5 comments:

  1. It's amazing what things you can spot if you look up, especially in Irish cities and towns! I can imagine this pattern would look lovely as a paper cut too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs, they are so varied and interesting. I also love looking up through tree branches, the patterns are amazing...must try 'playing' with the photos too to see the different effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say you'd get beautiful effects with dappled sunlight Sarah

      Delete
  3. Great colour combinations, just posted about blue trends on my blog, love blue!

    ReplyDelete